Thursday, January 24, 2008

Peta Pledger

If you like the rockabilly influence of the 1950’s, you will love the unique styles of Peta Pledger. Peta is a designer and dressmaker of 18 years from Melbourne, Australia. She is heavily inspired by 1950’s housewives, the Rockabilly scene and women that are comfortable in their own skin, and it shows in the head turning clothing and jewelry she creates.

Peta uses every spare minute that she can find in her sewing room. “I am a full time crafter, however I have a toddler, so that makes me a part time crafter!” She collects vintage sewing patterns and haberdashery. “I am obsessive about sewing perfection and I like to sew 1950's style clothing, while listening to late 1980's hard rock (think, Bon Jovi, Motley Crue, Poison etc)!”

Peta surrounds herself with crafty people. She is married to artist Marc Burstall, and many of her friends are artists and crafters. Peta even has a collaborative project with Melbourne pop art painter Gemma Jones, offering screen printed T-shirts featuring Gemma’s artwork. “When Gemma agreed to do this I was both excited and a little star struck!” The pair are a great match.

If you love classic 1950’s style, or just want to stand out in a crowd, Peta’s designs are for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL WONDERFUL!!!
I cant get enough Peta Pledger
xxx
alexandra